God created all things without the use of preexisting materials. There are at least four elements of the biblical teaching from which we may deduce at least nine theological conclusions. Several theories have been proposed to harmonize the age of creation and development within creation. The most plausible position holds that God’s acts of creation involved long periods of time through what is often called progressive creation. The Christian can have confidence in the greatness of God in his creation of the universe and all that is within it.
- In light of society’s rejection of creation, why should the doctrine of creation be studied?
- What are the elements of a biblical understanding of creation?
- What is the theological meaning of the doctrine of creation?
- How does the doctrine of creation relate to modern science?
- What attempts have been made to reconcile the apparent age of the earth with the biblical material, and what do they suggest?