There are superhuman (but not divine) beings who work within human history. Some of these, who remained faithful to God, carry out his work. Other, who fell from their created state of holiness, live to oppose God and his children. God’s care and concern for his creation is evident in the ministrations of good angels. By contrast, Satan and his minions seek to thwart the purposes of God. But God has limited their powers.
- Why is it necessary to study angels and include them in the study of theology?
- What are the roles and responsibilities of angels in the plan of God?
- How would you compare and contrast good and evil angels?
- What confidence in God is inspired in the Christian believer by the role of good angels in life?
- What limits are placed on Satan and his emissaries?